We've been unable to secure a speaker in time for the September meeting, so it has been canceled. We will resume our normal meeting schedule on Wednesday, October 5 at 12 noon.
We're also seeking volunteers to help run, and present at, the Drupal User's Group. It's only with the community's assistance that the group will continue to thrive. If you're interested in helping run, in hosting, or in presenting, please email Kevin Nesline (email@example.com) and/or Megan Weng (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This month we are joined by Marie Gates from BSOS to discuss Drupal Security.
A discussion of tools and practices to bolster your website's security. Topics will include helpful modules and general best practices. Security is not an option - it is essential. Come discuss ways that you can strengthen your websites' security.
As a web developer they will be responsible for rebuilding existing web applications as well as creating new applications. They should have strong web development. They will work with project team members as well as stakeholders and must have strong communication skills.
- Web application development in a variety of languages which may include PHP, SQL, CSS, Drupal, etc
- Update existing applications as necessary
- Maintain and develop in our Drupal CMS
- Work harmoniously with project team including designers, stakeholders, analysts, and others
- Research relevant technologies, suggesting their use on related projects
- Follow design standards and protocols consistent with established marketing plan
- Manage student programmers as necessary
- Provide support and occasional training to users of our Drupal CMS and other web applications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Web application design experience
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with Drupal 7 development
- Experience writing database-backed web applications
- Experience working with SQL queries and databases
- Strong communication skills both written and oral