DUG - U.S. Web Standards
Wed, 11/01/2017 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
2115 Tawes Hall
Kindly join us on Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 at 12 noon in 2115 Tawes Hall for a discussion on The U.S. Web Design Standards by Brock Fanning who is currently a Drupal Architect for The US Department of Justice. The U.S. Web Design Standards are a library of design guidelines and code to help government developers and designers quickly create trustworthy, accessible, and consistent digital government services -- and as of this summer, it has a Drupal theme! This session will include a whirlwind tour of the Web Design Standards , some extolling of its virtues, and a demo of the USWDS theme for Drupal 7 and Drupal 8.
Among the questions to be answered are:
- What are the U.S. Web Design Standards?
- What does it mean to “use” the Standards?
- What are some reasons to use them?
- How does the USWDS Drupal theme help?
- What are the configuration options in the Drupal theme?
- What does the Drupal theme look like, out of the box?
- How can the Drupal theme be customized for a specific site?
- How can the Standards be forked and used as a baseline for a custom design system?
We will follow up with a Q/A session and here is a link of the Drupal GovCon presentation.
Thank you very much,